User login

Weekly Report -10/10/13

12

Nov

2013

Spent the week testing the TEntropy detector on different streams and refining the Symboliser to reduce the number of FPs.
One problem that I discovered was that the magnitude of the events were not represented correctly by the Symboliser: a severe event had the same t-entropy result as a trivial one since only 1 character was inserted at a time. Hence, a solution to this was the introduction of multiple characters based on the severity of the change.
Another problem was that small, insignificant changes were triggering events when deally, they should have not been creating entropy. Hence, I added a condition that checks whether a measurement is significantly different from the previous mean before triggering a non-default character.